iOS 11 beta 2 new Features
iOS 11 beta 2 new Features Apple just released iOS 11 beta 2, and as expected it irons out plenty of wrinkles. It’s still not ready for everyday use on a main machine, because there are still plenty of glitches (the Dock and all kinds of multitasking were missing from my iPad Pro. But iOS 11 beta 2 is a lot smoother, and a lot faster-feeling compared to the first beta.
Along with performance improvements, there are several new features and changes added to the mix as well. In the following walk through, we’ll step through some of those changes on video.
Here’s a list of what we found in the iOS 11 beta 2 new Features
- Echo effect changes from blue to orange.
- Media player in Control Center now shows the Airplay destination (iPhone, for example), as well as the kind of media that played most recently (music, video).
- The game-changing Do Not Disturb While Driving mode now has settings. You can choose to have it activate automatically. when connected to car Bluetooth, or manually, using Control Center.
- Control Center now gets its own sub-screen in Settings, where you can choose what appears. There’s a new Do Not Disturb While Driving option in there, too.
- Safari’s settings get an Advanced section for developer settings.
- You can now remove the recents section of the Dock on iPad
- New Flyover features in Apple Maps
- Indoor maps for Apple Maps
- Share Screenshots directly
- ‘Press for Siri’ toggle now relocated to Settings → Siri
- One-handed Keyboard preferences
- Bolder Date on Calendar app icon
- New Safari settings for Experimental Features
- New long press tab options
- Landscape Safari tab interface on smaller devices
- Control Center Music widget now shows playback source
- Do Not Disturb While Driving Control Center toggle now works
- New DND While Driving preferences in Settings → DND
- DND While Driving ‘Urgent’ feature
- No text feedback when using Siri while DND While Driving enabled
- Frequent Locations have been changed to ‘Significant Locations’
- Messages on iCloud now syncs, but still not fully functional
- Files app legacy document providers now listed
- New UITableView system gesture for quickly entering edit mode
- Echo Messages app animation now features orange bubbles
- Updated search results in Apple Music
- Edit photos button replaces Details button in upper right-hand corner
- New ‘Save to Files’ app option in Share Sheet
- Drag and drop multiple items in the Photos app on iPhone
- Access within apps is back in CC settings
- New AirPlay button on lock screen controls
- New Scan QR Codes toggle in Camera preferences
Earlier this week, Apple released its second developer beta iOS 11 beta 2, which included a whole of bug fixes for developers (and non-developers) will surely appreciate