Developer Preview has everything you need to try the Android 11 features, test your apps, and give us feedback. Just download and flash a device system image to a Pixel 2 / 2 XL, Pixel 3 / 3 XL, Pixel 3a / 3a XL, or Pixel 4 / 4 XL device, or set up the Android Emulator through Android Studio.
Feature in Android 11 Developer Preview 2
- 5G state API
- Hinge angle for foldables
- Call screening service improvements
- New ops and controls in Neural Networks API
- Foreground service types for camera and microphone
- Scoped storage updates
- Synchronized IME transitions
- Variable refresh rate
- Resume on reboot
- Camera support in Emulator
Get started with Android 11 Developer Preview 2
- Review the program and timeline – read the Overview for key dates and details.
- Set up a runtime environment – see Get Android 11 to flash a Google Pixel device or set up an emulator.
- Set up Android Studio – try the preview SDK and tools – see Setup Guide for steps.
- Learn about what’s new – review the privacy features and behavior changes that may affect your app.
- Test your app – run through all flows to look for issues. Toggle behavior changes at runtime to isolate issues.
- Update your app – targeting Android 11 if possible, test with users via beta channels or other groups.