Anyone with an iPhone 6s or later can access handy 3D Touch-based app features directly from their Home screen without launching the said app, but those with older devices haven’t been as lucky (until now).
A new free jailbreak tweak called Force3DAppShortcuts by iOS developer DGh0st lets you access the same Home screen-based Quick Action menus that you could typically only access on a 3D Touch-enabled device.
Once installed, you can tap and hold on any app icon from your Home screen to access that app’s Quick Actions, as shown above. It’s a lot like having 3D Touch support on a non-supported device, but it only works from the Home screen and not everywhere else in iOS.
Notably, all the menu options mirror those that you’d see on a stock 3D Touch-supported device, and they work just as you’d expect them to. That said, Force3DAppShortcuts is a lot like having native 3D Touch on your device.
Force3DAppShortcuts adds a preference pane to the Settings app where you can configure a few options to your liking:
Among the things you can do here are:
- Toggle the tweak on or off on demand
- Choose the length of time needed for tap and hold to enable the Quick Actions menu
- Choose the duration of the peek feature
- Configure the amount of “force” required for peeking
- Configure a new gesture for editing Home screen app icons
- Double-tap on the app icon
- Swipe up from the app icon
- Swipe down from the app icon
- Swipe left on the app icon
- Swipe right on the app icon
- Enable or disable haptic feedback when utilizing the gesture
- Choose the vibration duration for haptic feedback
- Configure the vibration intensity for haptic feedback
A respring button just below the tweak’s kill switch lets you save any changes you make to these settings at any time.
Because the tweak replaces the gesture used for deleting or moving apps on your Home screen, it’s great how the developer includes a new way to manage your app icons apart from the 3D Touch gesture simulation. We also like that there’s haptic feedback built-in, as it makes the entire experience feel more like the real thing on an iPhone 6s or newer.
Article Source : iDownloadBlog.com