How to create a macOS Mojave installer On USB Drive
Too Burn macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta Installer on a USB Flash drive you have to Need 8 GB or 16GB USB Flash Drive. Formatted in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) in Disk Utility
Note : Make sure you save all your data from usb drive after formatting everything will be deleted
1) If you don’t already have the Install macOS Mojave Beta application, use your Apple Developer account to download the Beta Access Utility. Install it and it will re-direct you to the Mac App Store page for macOS Mojave. Download the Mojave Beta installer from there macos mojave installer online.
2) When the download completes, your Mac will launch it. Quit the installer, and instead locate it in your /Applications folder. If you’d already placed it somewhere else on your computer, move it back to the Applications folder. It’s also simpler to leave the file name as is: Install macOS Mojave Beta.app or in other otherwords macos mojave installer download online.
Article and Image Source : idownloadBlog.com
3) Insert your >=8GB-16 GB drive. If it isn’t formatted to GUID Partition Map and Mac OS Extended (Journaled), you can launch the Disk Utility application and format it from there. This will wipe all data from the drive.
4) To make this guide a little easier, name the finished USB drive USB.
5) Now open up a Terminal session and paste in the following command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction --downloadassets
This will use the Mojave Beta application to create an installer on your chosen drive.
- If you would like to be asked for confirmation before erasing the drive, remove “–nointeraction” from the above command.
- The “–downloadassets” flag is new in macOS Mojave. It downloads assets which may be required during installation. This is presumably helpful for faster or offline installations, as it won’t require downloading during installation. However, the above command will still function without this flag if you prefer.
- Previous versions of macOS used an “–applicationpath” flag in this command. That flag is now deprecated and will throw an error if used. For this reason, use the above command instead of updating the command quoted in guides written for older versions of macOS.
NB: If you renamed the “Install macOS Mojave Beta.app” or your USB drive to something other than what I advised above, you must edit the command to match your chosen names. Similarly, if you moved the installer out of the /Applications folder, you must change the above command to show its new filepath.
6) Enter your administrator password when prompted.
When the files are transferred and the drive has been blessed it will be remounted on the desktop, as shown above, and Terminal will read out as complete.
How to use the macOS Mojave USB installer
1) Shut down your Mac with the USB drive inserted.
3) Select the drive called “Install macOS Mojave Beta” from the Startup Manager using the keyboard arrow keys. The computer will now boot from the selected drive.
4) You can now deploy Mojave as necessary. Using this external USB installer lets you reformat and/or repartition the startup drive and other storage devices. You can also access built-in tools such as Terminal, Startup Disk, and Firmware Password Utility from the menus.
macos mojave installer error
If you get macos mojave installer error Like “macos beta profile error you must enroll your Mac” to download the beta when trying to download the update while Downloading the MacOS Mojave you can simply read this article and figure out the solution of downloading macOS Mojave Online without any problems or error.