How to Work with IPSW Files
Work with IPSW Files You can use IPSW files on Mac or Windows, both require iTunes to work properly. To use the latest version of IPSW firmware files to update or restore an iOS device, you’ll want to be sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed as well.
- Connect your iPhone or iOS device to your computer
- Select the device in iTunes
- On a Mac, hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Update”
- On a Windows PC, hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Update”
- Select the IPSW file you downloaded and click “Choose”
- Let the iOS device update as usual