if you are seeing the error message in the screenshot below which says “Unable to Check for Update” An error occurred while checking for a software update.”Which is Now Fixed.when it comes to updating software on your device, there’s always a chance something could go wrong and turn out to get error as you can see in the image below.
How to Fix iPhone Unable to Check for Update
Try a different Wi-Fi network : Tap Try Again on the same network. If you’re still having trouble and are able to connect to a different wi-fi network, you can try the update again there.
- Open Settings and tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap to select a different network and enter the password if prompted. ( Just Use another wifi Network OR forget the Current one and reconnect it )
- Then go back to Settings > General > Software Update and try again.
Alternative Method Use iTunes to update your device
Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC/Mac and then follow these steps to update your device.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Select your device in iTunes.
- On the Summary pane, click Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.