PTA MOBILE REGISTRATION :Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has started their
DEVICE IDENTIFICATION REGISTRATION AND BLOCKING SYSTEM (DIRBS)
Here How DIRBS Works.?
or all Pakistani mobile device users wishing to know the status of a device can send each 15 digit IMEI number via SMS to 8484. The status of the mobile device can also be checked via PTA website link www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk or by downloading DIRBS android mobile application.
Following are some of methods for obtaining a mobile device IMEI:
- Dial *#06# from the dial pad of device and note down each 15-digit IMEI
- IMEI is also printed on the device box.
- IMEI is printed on the inside of a device and can be viewed by removing the back cover/ battery.
DIRBS system will send one of the following three responses to IMEI query as explained below:
- Compliant/PTA Approved Device: The mobile device is PTA approved and legally imported into Pakistan
- Device IMEI is Valid: The IMEI of this mobile device is valid as it is GSMA approved, but it is not PTA approved. To facilitate such users, PTA will auto register all such IMEIs which are observed on Network till 1st December, 2018, their status will be converted to compliant. A user in possession of such devices are advised to insert their local SIM card and do a voice or data activity so such Valid IMEI are observed on Pakistani mobile networks and subsequently listed within DIRBS system so user may continue to avail uninterrupted mobile services on such device(s).
- Non-compliant Devices: This is not a PTA approved mobile device as IMEI on the device is either non-standard, duplicated etc. To ensure users of all such devices do not face any connectivity/service issues PTA will
auto pairall such IMEIs, which are observed on mobile network till 1st December,2018, with their mobile number so device shall remain operational till the useful life of device. A user in possession of such devices areadvised to insert their local SIM card and do a voice or data activity so such non-compliant IMEI are observed on Pakistani mobile networks and subsequently listed within DIRBSsystem so usermay continue to avail uninterrupted mobile services on such device(s).
- Blocked devices: The IMEI is reported as stolen and not allowed for usage/services
All mobile devices which you will buy in Pakistan are advised that from 1st
What I do if I get the message?
first of all check what message did you get from PTA, you can check what it means by going on this link of PTA
How to Download DIRBS Android Application.?
if you don’t have credit to Via Sms Your 15-Digit to 8484, then you can simply download the Application from Android Play Store and can avail this free checking feature by PTA.
Article SOuce : PTA DIRBS