Download iOS 12 Beta on Your iPhone Right Now
Apple revealed the first glimpse of iOS 12 at WWDC 2018 on June 4, and if you want to try out all of its new features before everyone else gets the stable release in September, you can install one of the betas on your iPhone right now ios 12 beta download developer.
Released first to developers over eight and a half months after iOS 11 hit everyone’s devices last September, iOS 12 for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch will eventually be made available to the public as well via Apple’s Beta Software Program. So, whether you’re a registered Apple developer or just someone who wants to install the public beta, we’ll cover both methods below.
iOS 12 Compatible Devices
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X
- iPad Air, Air 2, mini 2, mini 3, mini 4, Pro (12.9 inch), Pro (9.7 inch), iPad (9.7 inch, 5th and 6th gen), Pro (10.5 inch)
- iPod touch (6th gen)
How to Install the iOS 12 Developer Beta 2
Developers gain access to iOS betas earlier than the public, as well as receive release notes containing the changes that come with each update. The developer beta for iOS 12 dropped shortly after WWDC’s keynote ended, so just use these instructions to download and install the beta as soon as possible:
- Register your iPhone’s UDID with your dev account, if not done so already.
- Plug your iPhone in to charge it and connect to Wi-Fi.
- On your iPhone, visit developer.apple.com/download.
- Sign into your developer account.
- If you have two-factor authentication on your account, verify your identity as instructed.
- Tap “Download” next to the iOS 12 beta.
- On the popup, “Allow” the website to open up your Settings.
- Tap “Install” on the .mobileconfig profile and follow the subsequent prompts.
- When prompted, select “Restart” to restart your iPhone.
- Once your iPhone is running the iOS 12 developer profile, you can check the “Software Update” section in your device’s “General” settings to install new beta versions.