Now Siri in iOS 13 can read texts out loud to you through your AirPods, as soon as they arrive, allowing for true hands-free messaging when your hands are busy. Apple is calling it “Announce Messages with Siri” in iOS 13.
Announce Messages with Siri
To Enable “Announce Messages with Siri” Follow the Steps
Follow the steps below to have Siri automatically read your latest incoming message out loud.
1) Open Settings on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 13 or later.
2) Tap Notifications.
3) Tap Announce Messages with Siri.
4) Slide the switch next to Announce Messages with Siri to the ON position.
5) To avoid Siri reading your transcribed reply back to you before sending it, toggle off the option Send Replies Without Confirmation.
6) Now tap Messages underneath the heading Announce Messages From.
7) Choose whom you want to receive messages from this way:
- Everyone: Siri will read out loud texts from everyone.
- Recents: Siri will only read out loud texts from people who recently messaged you.
- All Contacts: Siri will read aloud incoming texts no matter the sender.
- Favorites: Only messages from your favorite contacts will be read out loud to you.
iOS 13 compatibility
iOS 13 is compatible with the following Apple smartphone models:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (7th generation)
iPadOS is compatible with these iPads:
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
Artilce SOurce : iDownloadblog.com